What Is Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation entails all the measures which are undertaken either to avoid or lessen the destruction that results after flooding or infiltrating seeping of water. It helps in avoiding destruction caused by water by proactively taking suitable measures.
Mitigation of water is significant in two instances; one when plumbing has stopped or when there are tornadoes, tempests, hurricanes that drive water into dwelling places. If water damage is not proactively dealt with, then it will destroy building walls, wet the rugs, distort the floors and damage the furniture. Additionally, it can cause more destruction.
There are definite actions that are taken to minimize destruction of assets, avert any further deterioration of the situation and return the assets and the condition to normalcy.
When to Call For Water Removal
The destruction caused by leaking water is persistent, universal and result to permanent ruin of properties specifically when the emergency responders do not act swiftly to contain the situation within two days.
More often, leaking of water is as a result of drainage system problems. There are immediate actions thatare taken to minimize permanent and non-repairable effectscaused on properties.
Immediately you detect water leakage or flooding destruction:
- Do not panic so that you can think soberly to make swift and appropriate decisions
- Contact us!
- Turn off any water sources or the main source to stop more water seeping
- Put off all the electrical breakers in areas that have been affected, and then after which you should unplug all electrical gadgets that are in the soaked flooring or areas which have been covered with water.
- Cover the legs of furniture that are in contact with the soaked flooring with aluminum foil to prevent long-lasting soiling and discoloration
- Remove any draperies and hangings away from the soaked floor materials
- Remove and fasten up hanging skirts of furniture
- Take away files, stationery, decoration pots with plants, clothes and other materials that can be soaked by the wet flooring
- Apply the mitigating measures immediately without postponing
Voids of shops or corporations with apparatus for drying floorings lack the proficiency to hinder water from moving up the wall, beneath the baseboards and edging and into shelf platters. Water will seep past the carpets into the floors under it and lead to destruction of underneath floors.
The moisture content of the interior rooms should suitably be managed to prevent the destruction of undamaged objects especially from absorbing humidity from the air.Buildings where water and moisture is not appropriately removed can encourage the growth of mold which later will require removal skills from experts that might be expensive.
Water Mitigation Services
We have a perfectly trained team of professional technicians who are trained on how to suitably dry a whole building swiftly by applying appropriate devices and advanced technology in case of leakage of water.
Since we recognize how significant it is to respond to emergencies such as flooding as a result of water leaking from pipes or stormy hurricanes, any moment when there is risky of water destruction, damage from smoke or fire, you can depend on us for swift provision of effective services. Our emergency response team is available any time of need.
For any inquiry or clarification you may require ask your Water Damage Restoration Contractor, click here or contact us to get free information on how to appropriately tackle your water destruction emergency plan. Contact us today.